Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome home, friend!

I made this for my friend Elaine who spent almost 4 weeks in Vancouver and is home today! Can't wait to see her and hear all about her trip!

This is an image I've had for awhile tucked away. I like to "borrow" my mom's stamps when she isn't looking and stamp a bunch for myself :) In fact, I just did that the other day with a bunch of her new Bellas...stayed tuned for cards made using those. :) Ahhhh she doesn't mind...I have come home occasionally to find a stamp or two missing that she has snuck in and 'borrowed' herself. It goes both ways. :)

I coloured in the Adirondack Chair stamp by Lockhart with my Copic markers and inked the edges with Indigo ink by Versacolor. It's matted on two colours of cardstock and popped up off the navy Bazzil cardstock with dimensionals. I ran the navy cardstock through my Swiss Dots embossing folder and matted it with an olive coloured cardstock (not sure of who makes it). The kraft cardstock is from Papertrey Ink, as is the sentiment, from their Boards & Beams stamp set. I used a button from my stash, and some pretty sheer red polka-dotted ribbon that I bought at the fabulous Paper Pickle. I like this card, and I hope Elaine likes it too!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card I'm sure I have that stamp somewhere. I spent a week in Vancouver when holidaying in Canada and loved it, a great city xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and the colouring is great! Is must be like having your own little shop between you and your Mum!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!