Saturday, June 7, 2008

Swell news!!

Another baby themed card! This one for an expectant mother...I think I've mentioned there are babies coming out of the woodwork around here...5 friend I know are pregnant! I guess we can add one more to the count... ME!! :) Come end of January my little guy Jake will be a big brother...awww how exciting!

I made this card for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge for July. The challenge was to use black cardstock and a black embellishment and I think I fulfilled both those requirements! The card itself is 5 1/4" square and uses Sweet Blush are the base. The black I ran through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and used my ticket punch on the corners. The image is from the She's Having a Baby set by MFT, as is the sentiment. I matted it on shimmery black cardstock and a pink scalloped rectangle cut out with my Nestabilities. It was actually too long of a die cut, so I cut it in half and glue it back together 'shorter' to fit the image. The ribbon is Sweet Blush (pink) and the black polka dot is misc. from my stash.

6 comments:

  1. Great card and even greater news!!
    darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What "swell" news Marcie!! Many congratulations and another beautiful card!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Marcie how lovely for you all.

    I do really love your card - such great colours - but I must say...I feel a little sorry for the pregnant lady as she has lost her head! :) I know its meant to be like thatas I've seen it before but it never fails to crack me up.

    Keep well...Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Marcie I love pink and black and what wondeful news xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conratulations Marcie. Another lovely card. Have to agree with Kylie - why do they miss the heads of these images?! Although being pregnantcan make you fell like you've lost your head!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!