Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Sparkly engagement

Oh my gosh, I love this card! I found this one by Sparklegirl on SCS and knew immediately I wanted to CASE it! The original uses brown ribbon and cardstock, but since it's summertime now and I'm sending it for an engagement congratulations, I wanted to use a colour that was lighter, prettier and summery.

I wish the actual stamping showed up better in this picture, but the ink does not appear so light IRL.

I cut Aqua Mist cardstock to 5 1/4" square and used that as my card base. Then came Stampers Select white cardstock for the next layer. On the white I stamped one of the images from Kim Hughes' Nature Silhouettes set 4 times using Aqua Mist ink. I added Diamond Stickles to the stems of the image. Then I stamped one of the sentiments from the set in black. The ribbon is Aqua Mist from Papertrey Ink, and the brads are actually mint green but look aqua next to the paper and ribbon- they are from the Two Scoops brads by Basic Grey.

I'm sending this card to my friends Mike and Emily who were engaged this past week while attending a Pearl Jam concert! Cool!!

7 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Marcie. I love the image and the sparkle.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, the sparkle is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Marcie this is a fabulous card. I am a devotee of "less is more" and love to see designs that are so subtle and yet fabulous. I have been holding the Kreativ Blogger award for a while looking for a design that blew me away to pass it on...and its yours. Thanks for sharing. Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly beautiful card! I have just orered some paper and stamps froms Papertrey Ink and cant wait for them to arrive xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!