Thursday, June 19, 2008

Men have birthdays too!

This is a little bit of a masculine birthday card. I don't make them often, and really I should. I mean, men have birthdays too! :)
I used Papertrey Ink's kraft cardstock (from their May release), and paired it with Basic Grey's Boxer papers. The ribbon is from my stash (bought from the Paper Pickle). Sentiment comes from the Birthday Basics set by Papertrey Ink, and the brads are Boxer brads cooridinating with the designer paper. I used my Marvy punches for both rectangles (regular and scalloped).
That's it!! Very easy and quick, and quite 'manly' if I do say so! :)
On other news, having a little boy sure is an adventure...yes, he has called 911 accidentally in the past, and now this time, he drank hand sanitizer (not a lot, just a squirt or two). I called Poison Control (staying very calm the entire time) and they were very reassuring, telling me he didn't drink enough to be of any harm *phewf* I'm telling ya, my back wasn't even turned for a SECOND. Those little dudes are QUICK! Sigh, at least all is well now....only a few more grey hairs and I'm not even 27 yet!!

4 comments:

  1. Manly yes, but I like it too!! LOL! Very nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good "man" card Marcie. I find them odd to do as well. The trick is in the colour and yours looks good. Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy but very effective!
    Great card.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it hard doing cards for men. This is fab - great papers and really quick to do.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!