Saturday, May 17, 2008

Seeing stars and BLOG CANDY!!

This card is a case from Amy Sheffer's blog, Pickled Paper Designs. You can see her card here. I kept some elements similar, and others I omitted....well, mostly because I was lazy. I used kraft cardstock for my card base, Aqua Mist for the Swiss Dots "Cuttlebugged" part, and all others are Bazzil. The stars are from Verve Visual's Seeing Stars set. and I cut them out each individually with a white border showing. The scalloped border I did with my corner punch with the guard removed...a neat trick I use often. I think this card would be a great grad card, or maybe a masculine birthday card...? What do you think?
Don't forget my blog candy!!! You have to read to the bottom of this post for details... Show me a card you have made that has NO stamping on it. :) Maybe I didn't give you enough time, so I'll extend the challenge to Friday, May 23. Have em' ready by 8 p.m. and I'll take a look and draw a random number from all the cards submitted. Winner gets a Gina K. stamp set!!

6 comments:

  1. This looks FAB - well done!
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours go so fab together, lovely card. I have left a message on my blog for SBS17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - love the colours.
    I have left a link on your blog candy post.
    I am offering some candy asit is my birthday soon - take a peek on my blog if you are interested.
    Hugs
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card I love the stars and scalloped border xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and sweet...its often the best way. A nice card Marcie. Sorry for tagging you :| but your pic on your home page is interesting so we need to hear more about you! K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love the design and the colours
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!