Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm not a Copic snob!!

I decided to prove to myself that I CAN use other methods of colouring in an image than my beloved Copic markers. :) So on these two cards I dug through my supplies and found my Twinkling H2O's and chalks. Both these cards use the same image, a Lockhart Sunflower, from Ellen Hutson's store, and it's my mom's stamp but she's nice enough to let me stamp any of her stuff when I need it :) Awww love you mom!
This first card uses Lemon Tart cardstock, Father Knows Best patterned paper, and Lemon Tart polka dot ribbon all from Papertrey Ink. The white cardstock (Bazzil) I ran through the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder. I painted the image with Twinkling H2O's which I bought here. The image and the cardstock it's matted on were both cut out using Nestabilities. The sentiment is from the Essential Sentiments set by MFT (which has some new releases soon!! Yahhhhooo!)

With this card I used my chalks to colour the image in- a softer look. Once again I used Lemon Tart cardstock, as well as Aqua Mist and Spring Moss. (All from Papertrey Ink) I used my ticket punch from SU on the corners of the Aqua Mist, and the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder on the Spring Moss. The image and matte are cut out using Nestabilities. Ribbon is stitched Lemon Tart, and the sentiment comes from the Wonderful Wishes remixed set by Verve Visual.

Thanks for looking!! Have a great day everyone-it's pretty rainy and dreary here, so I think I'll have a stamping afternoon at least until my son wakes up from his nap!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Great cards and I think the colouring is lovely. The cuttlebug embossing just sets things off too - love them.
    Sue. x
    PS It's lovely and sunny here - for a change!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards I love the softness of the colours and use of the cuttlebug, must use mine mpre often xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!