Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday you man, you!

Um, weird post title, I know...but really, how many times can you name your post "Another Birthday card"?? This is the first card I've made using my new Father Knows Best stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the tree trunk in Pinecone Versacolor, and the leaves with Bamboo Versacolor. Then I used the single stamp 3 times and cut ito out, popping it up with popdots on the tree. The grass I coloured in using my Copic markers, and over top I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Pinecone. It's matted on dark brown cardstock, while the card base is more of a beigey-brown colour- kinda card to describe! Patterned paper is SEI from the Dill Blossom line, and the ribbon is Summer Sunrise stitched ribbon from Papertrey Ink. Brads are from Making Memories. Not my best effort, but I'm getting used to the new set...yeah...that's my excuse! :) All in all, it will make a good masculine birthday card.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and the pop out extras on the tree work brilliantly.
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours work so well together. Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masculine cards can be so tricky. You've made great colour choice here. It's a good piece for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!