Monday, May 26, 2008

Bella Baby Bubble Bath tongue twister

I think this baby is one of the cutest images out there by Stamping Bella. I just smile when I see it! I've mentioned before, I have FOUR girlfriends expecting (must be something in the water) so I better get making baby cards! Of course, none of them know what they are having, so I'm trying to make my cards as neutral as possible. This one is probably more appropriate for a boy, but if I make enough of each, I should be covered! My inspiration came from the ribbon which I've been dying to use since I bought it, and finally saw the chance with this card.

The image is called Bella Baby Bubble Bath (say that 3 times fast!) and I stamped it in Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured it in with Copics, using my Spica glitter marker on the bubbles. I inked the edges with Pinecone Versacolor and matted it to Aqua Mist cardstock, then brown Bazzil cardstock. The brads are misc. from my stash. The card base is cut to 5 1/4 " square and uses brown Bazzil cardstock for the base, with Aqua Mist and a minty green Bazzil cardstock layered over. The mint I ran through my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is from the She's Having a Baby set by My Favorite Things, and is stamped in Pinecone Versacolor and cut out using Nestabilities. Ribbon is from the Paper Pickle- my fave local LSS which is too tempting offering up big jars of beautiful ribbon right at the checkout counter! :)

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - lovethe colours and the bow. I am not even going to try to say the stamp name fast as i struggled saying it slowly - lol!!!Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great name for a great stamp! You've coloured it in so well that I thought it was a sticker! I hope one of your friends has a little boy as they will love your card.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of babies due!! This card is lovely and the ribbon is gorgeous - and the image is just adorable!
    Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute. I love this stamp too, though I have yet to break down and buy it. Great card - your girlfriends will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, and the baby is so sweet!! Sure is a lot of babies due,. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card love the colours you have used and the stamp is adorable your friend will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, fab colours and I LOVE the ribbon and brads!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. You've used beautiful colours and no wonder the ribbon inspired you. So nice. K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this creation! The colors and your layout are fabulous! You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh BOY! isn't he and this card CUTE! Love it- perfect amount of detail and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tongue twister! I love this and that ribbon is to die for! Babies, Babies, BABIES!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!