Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Scoops of Sunshine...

I saw a card I loved on the Papertrey Ink gallery and decided to use the sketch for my own creation. This is what I came up with! I used a butterfly from my Sunshine Designs cube (stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black) and coloured it in with Copic markers, adding Spica glitter to some parts of the image. The base of the card was made using paper from the Basic Grey Two Scoops 6x6 paper pad, and the white cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. The bottom paper pieces are also Two Scoops- little bits of scraps I was happy to use up. Tied around it all is pink stitched ribbon (Sweet Blush) from Papertrey Ink, as is the "Happy Birthday" sentiment (from the Birthday Basics set). I cut out and adhered the butterfly image, then used my Sakura gelly roll marker (black) for the little "trail" the butterfly left.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the butterfly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I bought the Basic Grey Two Scoops paper the other week - I love the way you've used them - lovely card! Gorgeous papers!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!