Thursday, April 24, 2008

A little birdie told me...

The soft colours in this card are so pretty, even if I'm not crazy about the card itself. Not to sure why...just not crazy about it! I used the bird from the Sunshine Designs Patch Cube stamp pack (same one that the flower image from previous post came from). I coloured it in with my Copic markers and added Spica glitter to the flower centers. I used a soft touch to add a little Aqua Mist ink around the edges of the image before matting it to Spring Moss cardstock. I used my Cropadile to punch 3 holes in the cardstock and added some brads. It's glued to patterned paper from the Everyday Blessings 6x6 paper pack, which is then matted to Aqua Mist cardstock. The card base is Spring Moss, and the ribbon is Aqua Mist twill. I used my sentiment (from Inkadinkado) on the bottom of the card, stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black ink.
This morning I participated in my first "webinar" for work. A little over librarians from around Ontario gathered together in their individual libraries, on a conference call to Gale online resources to learn more about the Electronic Databases that each library system has to offer....I'm sure you're asleep by now just reading that, but I enjoyed it and learned lots so I can help all my library patrons even more! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marcie I'm a new 'sister of SBS17 I'm loving your work and your card with the bird is fab I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, gorgeous colours (some of my favourites)
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie, I love this card! I would be so proud of it if it were mine! I love the patterned paper on the little bird, it's so cute!
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realised it wasn't patterned paper, see your colouring is so good!
    becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Marcie, love the soft colours and the layout, and the little birdie is so cute :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is wonderful! The colors are perfect for spring and the bird is adorable. Thanks for sharing! Nicole (Nic SBS 17)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card, it's cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!