Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just keep swimming!!

These little fish from Gina K. Designs (the Just Keep Swimming set) are too cute. I could see them in my head being very sparkly and bright on a birthday card. I knew that the way I wanted to colour them would mean no patterned paper because that would be too "busy" but other than that I was stumped...hmmm, what to do!? So, off to a sketch challenge for inspiration. I used MFTSC11 on SCS for my card sketch and went from there! My card base is cream coloured Bazzil cardstock (for once, no white!) and layered with it is a bright blue that I ran through the Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder. On top of that is pink cardstock matted on purple, with a sheer lime green ribbon tied on, and 3 crystals from Stamping Bella. I thought the sheer ribbon kind of gave it a "seaweed" kind of look...? My image was stamped on cream cardstock and heat set, then coloured with Copic markers. I used my glue pen to add glue to certain spots then added Art Glitter for extra sparkle! The image is matted on pink, then purple cardstock. The sentiment I stamped on cream and cut out using my Nestabilities. After inking the edges with a teal coloured Versacolor ink, I matted it on sparkly blue and lime green paper from Doodlebug Designs. The blue circle I hand cut and the lime scallop I used my Nestabilities for. It's popped up with pop dots. Not my favourite card, but it'll do. :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card very cute. enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie, I love this card, the fishies are so cute, hope your having a lovely weekend, its great being part of a sisterhood!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute- love the colrs- the saying- love it all- GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!