Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Flowers and Sunshine

Well, it's a little grey and overcast here, but I'm not going to complain because it's still balmy out and the sun will shine all day tomorrow (or so my trusty weatherman says!). I have a cheery, bright, flowery card to brighten my day (and yours too I hope!). Beware- it is much brighter and colourful than some of the cards I have posted lately...put your sunglasses on! :)
I stamped my flower from Sunshine Designs three times side by side with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and heat set it. After colouring it in with my Copic markers I rounded two corners using my corner punch. I added Diamond Stickles to the flower centres, and matted it on pink Bazzil cardstock. The card base is a light blue Bazzil cardstock, and in the lower right corner I stamped my "Thanks a Million" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments pack by My Favorite Things. The lime/light green Bazzil cardstock I ran through my Bloom Dots Cuttlebug folder and before gluing it down, I tied around a sheer blue polka dot ribbon (from Michael's) and a hot pink ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely great! I love it. I love the embossing and the paper piercing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - it is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, and I love the embossed card - can't wait until I can join in - need the machine first (hope to order it in the next couple of weeks)
    Sue. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!