Thursday, April 3, 2008

Baboo to you AND there's always room for Sunshine and glitter!

Baboo is toooo cute. This stamp is called Baboo's Owl from Stamping Bella. Not so sure about the name- a little strange!- but the image sure is adorable. This is for TLC162 on SCS, Paper Tole. It's hard to see, but I've coloured the image twice, cutting out certain parts of the owl, and "popping" them up again with pop dots. I tried to colour him so he'd match the Basic Grey Sugared paper I bought at the Paper Pickle a week or so ago. I just LOVE the combo of browns, pinks, and mustary yellow- they really DO all work together! :) Except for the cutting out part, it really came together quickly. I kinda had it all planned out in my head, and for once it actually worked! The huge eyelets are from We R Memory Keepers, and after I used them on my card I made Tuesday night (see my mom's post on the class) I knew I would want to buy them to use again! The ribbon is from my stash, and the cute little sentiment from Inkadinkdo goes perfectly with Baboo's Owl! (It's stamped in bark ink from Versacolor. Add three brassy coloured brads and I was done!

Okay, this one uses a Sunshine Designs image- there was no name on the packaging! The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and will come in handy this Mother's Day!! I coloured the image with copics and used my glue pen to add some spots of glue, then sprinkled purple, aqua and pink glitter here and there. I doodled around the edges and matted it on a black scalloped rectangle cut with a Nestability die. The base of the card is made using Papertrey Ink's Berry Sorbet paper, and the patterned piece is from their Pink Patterns 6x6 pack. The pink ribbon is also Berry Sorbet polka dot from Papertrey, but the other two kinds is Offray from Walmart. After rounding the two bottom corners I was done! :) Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!