Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another Baboo to you

Seriously, Baboo is such a weird name...I'd like to know where it came from :) This card was meant to follow CC159 on SCS, but I added some pink in there for good measure...ohhhh I'm feeling rebellious (okay, not really). The colour combo for the challenge was whisper white, soft sky and basic gray. Ummm-- as I look at it now it's quite obvious I added black as well. Oh well! :) The card also follows BSC22.
Baboo's Owl (the main image) is from Stamping Bella and was stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black ink and coloured in with Copic markers. I sponged black ink around the edges, and cut one corner off (okay, so really I smudged it up terribly and cut off the corner HOPING that it would look like I did it on purpose...) and matted it on black and Soft Sky paper. The card base is Soft Sky SU cardstock that I stamped the Splatter Pattern by All Night Media background stamp on with black ink. Then I glued down my Basic Gray (or my version of it) matted with Whisper White (once again, my version of it). On the gray I stamped my "Happy Birthday" sentiment which comes from the Birthday Basics set by Papertrey Ink. I cut a strip of white cardstock and ran it through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked gently over it with black ink and tied a thin black ribbon by Offray from Walmart around and glue it all down. Over that I layered my matted main image and added a little piece off the side with 3 pink snaps.
Okay, I don't THINK I'm forgetting anything, but this was a 'busy' card so if you have questions feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!