Monday, March 10, 2008

Such a Happy Forest

I bought the Happy Forest stamp by Stamping Bella at my LSS on Friday, and inked it up for the first time last night. It's such a pretty, quirky, wild image to work with....the possibilities for colours are endless. I think it's called Happy Forest because just looking at it makes me see the colours of the rainbow!
I used my Brilliance Graphite Black ink to stamp the image on Papertreyink white cardstock, then coloured it in with my copics. I guess I didn't wait long enough for the ink to dry (I'm impatient!!) because when colouring, the top of one of the trees smeared a bit...darn it! Anyway, other than that, I like my colouring technique on this card. I've been trying to experiment with my copics more, become a little more adventurous...anyone know a good tutorial or two that could help me?? Once coloured, I doodled around the edges, and used my corner punch to round all edges. The cardstock I used is all Bazzil and I tried to come up with the brightest, funnest colours in my scrap pile. :) The pink piece was run through my Big Shot in the Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug. All corner edges are rounded, and the ribbon is all mish mash from my stash-- once again, as colourful as possible! The gems are Making Memories crystal brads, and then the entire card front was glued to the base- made of Papertreyink white cardstock.
Have you seen the sneak peeks of the latest release on the 15th by Papertreyink??? Check out Nichole Heady's blog and she'll show you some great goodies that you still have to wait 5 more days for!!! :) I'm already mentally tallying my order....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!