Sunday, March 9, 2008

Kimmie's Spring challenge

Well, this card I decided to enter in Kraftin' Kimmie's challenge over her blog, because once I finished it, I realized it WAS very springy and cheerful, so why not!? The prize is a very cute High Hopes rubber stamp that is just toooo sweet. The card is based on Stamping Bella Sketch challenge #14 from SCS, and I really like how it turned out.
I used Penelope with Prezzies from Stamping Bella, and stamped her in Brilliance Graphite Black ink, which is just wonderful because you can colour with your copics very shortly after stamping and not have to worry about smearing ink...phewf! Anyway, I coloured her in, adding some stickles here and there because it's for a little girl's birthday and little girls LOVE sparkles! :) She's mounted on bazzil cardstock, and I doodled around the edges of the image as well as sponging some pale pink, then added 2 crstyals, also from Stamping Bella. She's popped up with dimensionals, and all the DP I used is from Nana's Nursery, Baby Girl by Die Cuts With a View. The sentiment is a rub-on from Melissa Frances, and they go on like BUTTER!! I can't wait to go buy some more... :) The ribbon is a mish mash from my collection- I'm really loving ribbon lately, can't get enough of it! I just used my hole punch to make a hole similar to what the SU slot punch makes, and threaded the ribbon through and tied each piece in a knot. I like the end result. The inside of the card simply says Celebrate- from the Piece of Cake set by Papertreyink. Done! Off to my cousin's little girls first birthday party this afternoon- hope MY little guy behaves! :)

1 comment:

  1. SO springy and cute, Marcie!! Love that Penelope and those papers are super!! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!