Tuesday, February 19, 2008

With Sympathy

This card is not for anyone in particular, but we all know that it's practical to have a sympathy card or two around for those sad occasions. I think it's always better to send one out right away, offering comfort to those we love.


I used my papertreyink white cardstock for the base, and layered over it a pretty matte gold paper. On top of that is a beautiful gold floral vellum paper for the main DP, and I used my ticket punch for the corners of the vellum.
The sentiment from Stampendous was stamped on white paper with Versamark and embossed with gold EP. The edges were inked with gold paint from Ranger, but I need to find another type of gold, as I thought this one was too "shiny". I'd love a gold paint pen but I haven't found one that I liked yet.
The sentiment is matted on the same gold paper as the background and was cut out using my rectangle nestabilities bought at Scrappin' Great Deals. Finished with 3 gold Bella baubles and the card was done! Oh yeah, and the inside was stamped with a matching sentiment (You're in my prayers) also from Stampendous and also embossed with gold EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!