Monday, February 11, 2008

This is scary!

Whewf! I've entered the world of blogging and we'll see how it goes...

I'm definately not unfamiliar with this territory as I've read soooo many cardmaking blogs daily for the last 6 months or so. I just can't seem to fit all the info I want on my posts on Splitcoaststampers, so I figure the best option would be to venture in a blog of my own!

I can't guarantee that I'll post daily, but I'm going to try my best (cross my fingers) to keep this as updated as possible - afterall, I DO have a 16 month old little boy running around who demands my attention ALLLLL the time (and he deserves it because he's my little sweetie!), oh yeah, and a husband too! (he's my big sweetie!)

I can't say that I'm entirely original in my cardmaking ideas...most of my work comes from sketch challenges over at Splitcoaststampers, or CASed from blogs that I enjoy reading. I will always try my best to give credit where credit is due. If nothing else, always assume it's NOT my original idea. :) Happy reading to you all, and I hope you can get some card ideas from me, or at least, enjoy looking at my creations!


My first card is based on a sketch from the Stamping Bella forums over at Splitcoaststampers. It was their pajama party sketch challenge...lots of fun! SBPJ2 if you're searching the gallery on SCS. I go by "Disaster" over there. :) Not because of my cardmaking skills (although some may disagree) but because of my favourite song by the Tragically Hip "Nautical Disaster".
I started with my personal favourite of late, and a Valentine's one at that- well, since it's so close to Heart Day and all!

First of all, almost all of my card bases are made with Papertreyink's white cardstock which is PHENOMENAL! Holy moly, after I used it the first time, there is no way I'd try something else...I'm card snobby like that. :) DP (designer paper or patterned paper, whatever you prefer) is SEI and the solid coloured cardstock is Bazzil. I used my circle nestabilities to create the scalloped corners and paper pierced around the scallops. The main image is the Hearty Tree from Stamping Bella, and the corners are all punched using my SU ticket punch. The flowers are primas, and the beeeeautiful bauble is a pearl bauble from Stamping Bella. The Be Mine sentiment comes from my new Stampendous Valentine's set. Prima flowers of course, and a stick pin from Fancy Pants. Throw in a bit of clear EP and pink glitter and Voila! done.
Well, I guess that wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be! :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!!! Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hearty tree, Marcie!!! It's SO cute!! You did a wonderful job and welcome to the big wide world of blogging stampers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....I started on SCS and moved to a blog too! Love all the PINK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!