Thursday, February 28, 2008

Some CASES, no faces, and going to happy places...huh?!

Are you confused? :)
Well, today's cards are mostly CASED from other blogs out there, the "no faces" applies to the MFT 'headless' lady, and going to happy places...well, I work this afternoon at our local library and I'm one of those few people who really love their job and enjoy going to work!
The absolutely cute Serenity Now set from MFT was a set that I couldn't decide if I wanted or not...would I use it ever? But after seeing Kraftin' Kimmie's card using the set, I knew I would find a way to make it work...so I bought it :) This card is an almost direct case of her amazing card.

I stamped the image in black and embossed with clear EP, colouring it in with my copics. I matted it on blue and black cardstock- the black being the coordinating solid colour from the back of the DP I used (although the black looks like dark green here). The rust coloured cardstock is from Bazzil, and I used my corner punch for the rounded corners; I also used my corner punch to create the scalloped border on the black cardstock. Sorry, the DP is from my scrap pile so I'm not sure WHERE it came from!! I added 3 Bella baubles, and some flowers from prima, the flower center being a black MM shimmer brad. Stamped the sentiment in black, and done!


This next card is cased from Nichole Heady, and was featured recently when Papertreyink was releasing their new line of stamps. This card features the "Women of Life" set designed by Melissa Bickford.


I pretty much did the exact same card as Nichole, using my own colours and not attaching brads. I cut the transparency to 3.75"x11" and scored at 5.5". I stamped my images on white Papertrey cardstock, and used sage Versacolor ink for the stems and flower centres. I used my glue pen to colour in the centres and added Making Memories clear glitter to the flower centres. I then used glue dots to secure my paper to the inside of the card. The border wrapped around the outside is a 11" long piece of Aqua mist cardstock, scored at 5.5" so that it wraps around the back and you don't see glue etc. on the inside of the card when you open it. I used the Friend and Happy Birthday sentiment and my ticket punch from SU for the corners, then sponged the sage ink around the edges. I mounted it on green cardstock from my stash, which I also used for the skinny center line through the Aqua Mist cardstock...done!

Next time I'll buy some stronger transparency sheets, as the ones I have are quite flimsy and it doesn't give the card the 'weight' it needs.

I also did another one in bright pink, saying Mom, Happy Mother's Day. I like it too!


My final card is done using a Hanna stamp set...Hanna is so cute and sassy looking! I cased this from one of my own I made a few months ago (not posted on here) using the same Hanna set, but I'm sure that original card was cased from someone else!!

The base is white Papertrey cardstock, layered with Garden Party dp from Making Memories. Hanna was stamped with black ink and embossed with clear EP. I coloured her in using my copics, and paper pieced her using more Garden Party dp. Her boots are covered in baby blue stickles- who wouldn't go out splashing in puddles if they had boots like that!?
I masked her to stamp the puddle and after colouring it in, added some crystal lacquer to give it a 'wet' look- I did that to the raindrops on top also. The brads are from my stash, the flowers are Primas with a yellow shimmer brad from MM for the center. I added some iridescent white ribbon from Walmart and done! The inside sentiment is from Hero Arts clear "April" set, and says "April showers bring May flowers". Awwww! SHOOT! I just noticed I forgot to colour in the handle of the umbrella....ack!! Oh well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...look at you, flattering me like that!!! How sweet!! All of your cards are great!!

    P.S. Hope you can come have lunch and shop at the Town Scrapper with us this time.....Thurs. March 20th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!