Monday, May 1, 2017

Curtain Call- Flutter

I am so thrilled to be the guest designer for the current Curtain Call inspiration challenge! For the 'how-to' on how to participate in this fun challenge, head here for details.


Isn't that a pretty inspiration photo? I love butterflies; I even have two butterfly tattoos! The butterflies stood out to me as well as the colour palette, so I let that lead me for my creation today.

The gorgeous Chasing Dreams 6x6 collection by Crate Paper had the perfect piece of patterned paper in it that suited the challenge perfectly. I cut the paper with a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a dark grey card base. The butterfly focal point is a die cut piece from an older Heidi Swapp collection. I just coated it with Versamark and heat embossed it with silver sparkle powder and added a few enamel dots. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Stripe Greetings set and was heat embossed on vellum using Peppermint Tea powder by WOW.

Head on over to the Curtain Call blog to see the rest of the design team's gorgeous creations. Thanks so much for stopping in today! Happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. such a pretty pretty card! I love the butterfly background paper and the gorgeous die cut you used. i love that you did it in sliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy to have you with us for this challenge. Love that gorgeous silver butterfly...and the sweet little enamel elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on guest designing for Curtain Call this week, Marcie! I love your beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Marcie. Love the silver glitter butterfly as the focal point. The background paper is perfect! Great take on the photo. Congrats on being the guest designer this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!