Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Smooshed Hello

The ink smooshing technique is so cool.  It's messy, uncontrolled and gives fun and pretty results! Today I'm getting inky and playing along in the ink smooshing challenge for the Winnie & Walter's 3rd Birthday Bash.

Instead of using the traditional method of pressing your paper into blobs of watered down ink, I used a stencil instead. I laid the Pattern of the Rings stencil on my craft mat, inked it up with Distress Ink (Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry and Blueprint Sketch) and spritzed it with water that had been mixed with Perfect Pearls. My piece of watercolour cardstock was laid on top and gently smooshed onto the stencil.  The Perfect Pearls give it a pretty shine!
The 'hello' is from The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaways and coordinating stamp set. The teeny 'friend' was heat embossed in white on a speech bubble from Sketchy Thoughts. Some messy silver thread a few sequins finish it off.

Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you have a great day. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some love!