Monday, March 20, 2017

Create Together with Angel Rivera


My delightful friend Angel Rivera from Angel's Creative World is getting crafty with me today for another Create Together collaboration.  It was just over a year ago that we last worked together; you can check out that collaboration here.  

What is Create Together?

I wish I could sit around a table with my crafty friends, drink a big ol' glass of wine (or whatever suits your fancy!) and make cards with them and all of you! 
Since that's often geographically impossible, I thought I'd try reaching out and do some fun cardmaking collaborations virtually. 

For however long there is interest, I am joining up with some amazing cardmakers and we're challenging each other JUST FOR FUN to get crafty. 

Angel and I challenged each other to use BUTTERFLIES and a SPRING theme in our creations today. Fun fact- I have two butterfly tattoos! Check out the first of my two creations today:

After watercolouring using Distress Inks I die cut the butterfly from Floral & Flutter by Concord & 9th several times. Before adhering them I added some grey paint splatters to the white card base. The sentiment was created from Wonderful Women (retired) and Layers of Love and embossed in white on grey cardstock. A few clear sequins finish it off.

My next creation is for Easter.
That GORGEOUS patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day collection caught my eye and I knew I needed to use it. I trimmed it slightly before adhering to a white card base and added a small strip of gold glitter paper to the top and bottom. The butterflies were die cut and stamped using Beautiful Butterflies Layers set from Papertrey Ink and dye inks. The sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages (still one of my absolute favourites from PTI) was heat embossed in white.

That's all I have for you today! Now it's time to flutter on over to Angel's blog if you haven't been there already, and see what amazing-ness she has for you there. Thanks so much Angel for creating with me today! :)


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! These are both gorgeous! Totally love them!! And thank you SO much for asking me to create with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!