Friday, February 24, 2017

Soft and Subtle Ink Blending

I'm back today with another card for the Winnie & Walter 3rd Birthday Bash celebrations. I'm a big fan of challenges; they stretch my creativity and often have been playing with supplies and techniques I haven't used in awhile.


I used Hollie's Festive Florals for today's card (I love this set because I have a sister Holly ♥) and though it has a wintry/Christmas feel to it, it can totally be customized for a spring wreath too!

The wreath was stamped and masked off, then the leafy pieces were added in. After the mask was removed, the floral elements were stamped as well as the sentiment from Wishing You.
Now for the inking! I used a light blue (Aqua Mist from Papertrey Ink) ink and a ink blending tool to softly blend in some of the ink from the edges inward. A light touch and starting off with little ink on the foam pad helps. You can always add more ink if it's too light. I wanted a soft look that lightened towards the middle and I think I achieved that.
The panel was adhered to the white card base with foam tape and there's a few sequins for my required sparkle. ;)  

Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you have a GREAT day. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! I love how you made this a spring wreath! Thank you for joining my Winnie & Walter Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stink at ink blending...this is so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!