Saturday, February 18, 2017

Inspired by All the Little Things #44



When I saw the inspiration photo for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things challenge I knew that I wanted to keep my creation cheerful.  For me, Ferris wheels conjure up memories of childhood fun of going to the local Brigden Fair and happily my own kids enjoy going to it too. Robin and I love the Ferris wheel, but the boys sit out...scaredy cats.

To start off, I watercoloured an ombré background using Distress Inks, then used stamps and dies from Waffle Flower Crafts to put the rest of my creation together. That Doily Circle die is just SO gorgeous. To help with getting all the little bits and pieces out I used a metal shim while die cutting. It made it so much easier for them to fall right out. The 'smile' sentiment from the Doily Circle stamp set was fussy cut and had Glossy Accents added to it. A few paint splatters and sequins add to the fun vibe of it all. :)

Thanks for stopping by to check out my creation! I hope you will play along with us this week. There is lots more inspiration from the rest of the design team, so head on over to the Inspired By blog to check them all out.

8 comments:

  1. Super LOVE your take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy anniversary! Love your adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool... I love how the doily die-cut represents the Ferris Wheel! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Marcie! I love that layered diecut! Super pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea to use a doily die! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this die! And slightly offset so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you used that doily die for the ferris wheel! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doily die is perfect for this inspiration...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!