Monday, February 27, 2017

Create Together with Lynn Mangan


My Create Together guest is the amazing Lynn Mangan from The Mango Boys and Me and I have happily had the privilege of meeting, crafting, hugging and sharing a drink with her! Lynn rocks the CAS creations and has a very elegant style.


Today Lynn and I are focusing on this gorgeous inspiration photo:


Most of you by now have seen that the Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 is Greenery.


It's modern, refreshing, evokes springtime thoughts and brings energy to the room. I love it. I wouldn't paint my walls that colour, but I would definitely accent with it. What are your thoughts on Greenery? Love it? Green with envy? Makes you feel green around the gills? You can check out more about Greenery here on the Pantone website and there are a few colour swatches that serve as great inspiration for cardmaking!

Our inspiration photo screams GREENERY and I have two cards today that focus on a literal interpretation, using leafy die cuts and stamps, and pairing fresh green with pops of other colours.
My first card uses green cardstock cut to A2 size, and Wild Greenery die cuts from My Favorite Things cut from various shades of green cardstock that were glued right to the card base. The white stitched circle pops against that green! The 'thanks' was cut from gold glitter paper and offset against a deep teal. The tone on tone look is fun!

Do you ever have an idea in your head and you're SUPER excited when it works out?! That was me with this card. I wanted to use the GREENERY theme with light aqua and teal for a tropical look and bright pink for an unexpected pop of colour. Enter flamingos. ;)
I stamped the leaves from the Leafy stamp set by Waffle Flower using various watercolour inks and markers (Distress markers and Zig Clean Color). I went over it all with a small wet paintbrush, then added in the background. The flamingos and heart were also watercoloured and adhered using foam tape. The sentiment from Let Love Grow by Hero Arts set had the PERFECT font needed for this card. Love love love!

Thanks SO much to Lynn for creating with me today. I hope you all head on over there if you haven't already to see what she created today. You will LOVE it.


5 comments:

  1. Rockstar cards! You and Lynn are both so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie-found you from Lynn's blog and love this idea, what a great way to create with friends. Your photo is fab and your cards rock. I love the all green card with the touch of yellow and one stunning glitter sentiment. And wow to those amazing flamingos x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! You made two! Love all the fabulous dies cuts on the first one...green on green on green = awesome. But those flamingos - seriously so fun! Thrilled to be creating with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome cards Marcie! I love accenting with green and greenery! The green die cut leaves on the green background looks amazing and how you coloured your flamingos? A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning cards, Marcie! I'm so delighted to see you and Lynn having such fun together!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!