Monday, February 20, 2017

Create Together with Karen B.


I'm back with my first Create Together collaboration for 2017!  Create Together is a fun, no pressure challenge that I like to do with crafty friends across the cardmaking community. We have fun each creating something based on an inspiration piece, a technique, a certain supply or stamp/die, or whatever our minds come up with. I love getting to know other cardmakers and love the challenges we come up with together!

Today I am getting inky with Karen B. of The Bald Dragonfly blog. Karen is an amazing designer who can pull off bold and bright designs, soft and sweet, clean and simple OR layered. She's super talented!

Here's the gorgeous inspiration we used for our cards today. I love the bright, bold flowers that have a watercolour look to them, while the black geometric leaves ground the design.


Here's what I came up with...


I started out by using my Zig Clean Color markers to watercolour a panel of watercolour cardstock in rainbowy (that's a new word lol) colours, then used the new Magical Flower Border die from Waffle Flower to die cut it out twice.  I used watered down black dye ink to flick on the white card panel, then trimmed the corners and adhered it to a black card base. The sentiment from Wild & Free was cut apart so I could use the pieces I needed, then heat embossed with a silver sparkle powder.

Isn't that pretty?! I hope it captured the loose watercolour florals and pops of black that the inspiration photo gives. Now it's time to head over to The Bald Dragonfly and see what Karen came up with. I can't wait for you to see it! Thank you SO much to Karen for playing along with me. I love making new cardmaking friends. :)

Thanks for stopping in today and happy Family Day to my fellow Ontarians!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! The bold, bright colors frame the inspiring sentiment so perfectly! I am pretty sure I need that fie now to make such a great statement. Thank you so much for inviting me to be inspired with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...all those vibrant colors...so, so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and colorful! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!