Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Stay Warm!

Staying warm is what we are all doing today. Brrrr. School has been back one day and we now have a snow day. Not fair (says the mom desperately wanting a day to herself lol). Luckily the kiddos are still entertained by their Christmas presents and left me along to get inky in my corner.

When starting this card I reached for my typical white card base and then changed my mind. Why not try something outside my comfort zone and stamp on a coloured base? I used Concord & 9th's retired Mittens & Mugs for all the elements and added some Stickles glitter to the snowflakes. Easy peasy!



I used Casology's FOREST cue card for my inspiration today. I'm also linking up to the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge which is to Try Something New (stamping on a coloured card base).

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!


12 comments:

  1. So glad you tried the blue because it's fantastic as the card base!!! Love those miniature trees and that simple, pretty sentiment!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this card, Marcie!!! Every little detail is just perfect! And so great that you stamped on a colored card base---that's something I rarely do as well---will have to give it a go sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! Love this fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I need to take a cue from you and use a colored base for my next "Try Something New" card. Great idea. I love this card so much! Awesome stamping and just all around fun. Thanks for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your snowy forest, Marcia! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, Marcie - dang I didn't see the autocorrect until after I hit publish :)

      Delete
  6. This is really pretty, Marcie! I love that you reached for colored card stock, I almost always use white myself, and although I love lots of white space on cards it's a fun, refreshing change to try something NEW! Thank you for playing along at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super fun and cute and perfectly beautiful CAS card, Marcie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetest little forest I've seen in a long time. Love the blue CS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute! Love that you used the turquoise background. What a fun pop of color! Thanks so much for joining us over at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!