Thursday, January 26, 2017

Fresh and Bold

Happy Thursday! I have card today that uses a fresh and bold colour combination that I'm just smitten with. I was inspired by the Card Concept challenge and their gorgeous inspiration photo. The colours, pillows, and pops of grey (which I interpreted as silver) caught my eye.

The background was created by masking off part of the white cardstock panel, and stencilling with the Texture Rhapsody (retired, but linked is a similar one) Memory Box stencil and dye inks. Reverse Confetti's Bitty Banner stamp and coordinating die cut were used for the sentiment. Lots of stitching detail and a few silver sequins finish it off. I am definitely going to use this colour combo again!

I followed Freshly Made Sketches #272 for the layout of my card. What a fun sketch!


Supplies:
Stamps: (Bitty Banners) Reverse Confetti
Dies: (Bitty Banners) Reverse Confetti; (Stitched Circles) My Favorite Things; (Stitched Rectangles) Simon Says Stamp
Ink: (Doll Pink, Orange Peel, Slate) Simon Says Stamp
Other: (Texture Rhapsody) Memory Box; (clear sequins) Pretty Pink Posh; (silver sparkle paper) My Favorite Things


10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love that background - so pretty and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love the stenciled look in the background and the colors are so fresh and exciting! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and patterns. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this. The colors and the patterns are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stenciling, and the arrangement of the circles. thanks for joining us at the card concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous design! Love the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pretty background. It is perfect for the graphic elements! Thanks for sharing your card with us here at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stencilled background and your perfectly chosen and placed elements. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I am loving the stencilled background and the fabulous colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!