Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Reverse stamping

I have one final entry for the My Favorite Things Card Design Superstar contest.  I even tried a new-to-me technique! That's a miracle in itself, as I call myself a lazy cardmaker...I pride myself on not being too "technique-y" and keeping it simple, but really I'm just lazy. True. 


The card base was created by blending Distress Inks and stamping the sentiment from Written in Watercolor in black pigment ink. The clouds were die cut using vellum and Stitched Cloud Edges. I coated them with Diamond Stickles which DID warp the vellum a bit, but with lots of foam tape underneath it's not noticeable. For the green dragon (from Magical Dragons), I stamped it exactly as it comes right from the package, then die cut it with the coordinating die. The purple dragon was stamped using the reverse stamping technique which is made SO easy with the Mirror Image stamp. The die cut even matches by using the reverse side. (*Tip- stamp the reverse image first onto cardstock. Then by holding it up to a light it's easier to see where to tape the die cut on the BACK side of the cardstock.) A cute little present, some Copic colouring, and loads of foam tape for dimension finish it off. 

A closer look...



Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! SO worth all your hard work ;-) Lots of luck, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mirror stamping and I love those sparkly clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!