Saturday, September 17, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things #24


Our Ontario mornings are definitely getting crisper as autumn approaches and though the afternoons warm up and give a summer feel...fall is in the air. Today's inspiration photo from Inspired by All the Little Things makes me want to grab my cup of coffee, curl up under a cozy blanket and read a book. 


This creation was easy to put together and would be perfect paired with a Tim Horton's gift card or a new mug as a present for someone special. Wood-grain patterned papers lightly sponged with Mermaid ink by Lawn Fawn helped me get the look I was going for on the bottom layers of my card. I trimmed and die cut them so they could be glued together with grains matching...because I'm OCD like that. 
It would have driven me crazy otherwise. ;)

The main image (Warm Wishes by Waffle Flower) was stamped in black, then coloured with Copic markers. I added a few polka dots to the mug just for some personality. The 'warm wishes' sentiment has Spica glitter all over it for some extra sparkle and shine. 

Head on over the Inspired By blog to see the rest of the team's creations and play along with us this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

9 comments:

  1. I love this! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teal layer of wordgrain makes the card FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie, I love how you die cut/sponged the woodgrain rectangle - cool idea! Just a stunning card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on the inspiration photo, Marcie! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo! Simple yet elegant! I have a SIL and DIL that are both from Ontario. In fact, our middle son and his family are in Ottawa this w/e for a wedding. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Love the teal layer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wood grain paper is perfection for this! Love your take this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!