Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Birthday wild thing!


I'm back today with another entry for the My Favorite Things Card Design Superstar contest. 
This one started with a baby card in mind, then morphed into a child's birthday card. It's funny how the creative process works, isn't it? I envisioned baby animals with soft hues but just wasn't 'feeling' it. 


Using the Jumbo Dot Cover Up die and a Stitched Circle die, I created the main panel of my shaker card. Acetate, sequins, seed beads, and die cut leaves from Sweet Safari, all help to pull the rest of the shaker card together. For the outside of the card I stamped and die cut animals from Sweet Safari and party elements from Birthday Bears and coloured them all in with Copic markers. A sentiment from Essential Sentiments was heat embossed in white and adhered using foam tape. Tucked behind the animals are some leaves from Wild Greenery

I think I'll save this one for my nephew's birthday. He'll love shaking it! He's a bit of wild animal himself. :) Thanks for stopping in and have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. So fun and festive! I love that coverplate, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun layers and the sweet little scene! Fabulous card, Marcie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!