Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Create Together with Sarah Moerman


I have a fabulous Create Together collaboration today with the delightful Sarah Moerman from My Impressions. Sarah is an Ontario cardmaker like myself and I've been lucky enough to meet her a few times. She doesn't live too far away and I'm hoping one of these days we can get inky together! Sarah rocks the geometric designs, whether it's stars, hexagons or circles. I love her fun and colourful style. 
We decided on using TRIANGLES as our design inspiration today.  



I made a pair of cards using the Tiny Flags background stamp from Hero Arts. 
*these cards gave me such trouble photographing them! 
The background was heat embossed onto a cardstock panel using Peppermint Tea powder by WOW. It's a really pretty mint green with an opal shimmer to it. I used a Ranger blending tool and some pale blue dye ink to blend ink across the panel. After trimming it diagonally, I adhered both pieces to white card bases. On the left card I used the Hello Friend stamp set by Mama Elephant and on the right, a die cut from Avery Elle. As with many of my cards, sequins finish it off. :) 

Thanks SO much to Sarah for joining me today! Now it's time to head on over to see what she came up with using triangles. I know it will be fantastic! Have a great day everyone. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are stunning Marcie! Thanks for the fun! I hope we can get crafty together sometime too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mama elephant sentiment. It's so pretty. I also hate it when a card doesn't show up as lovely as it is IRL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!