Sunday, September 18, 2016

Amazing Neon Florals


I'm excited to be playing along with the 2016 Card Design Superstar contest by My Favorite Things. Contests like this are fun because they encourage us to cheer each other on and stretch our creativity. I played along with what I hope is my signature style- bold and fun.  


First up was using the Proof Positive Cover Up die as an embossing plate for the black cardstock base. Most die cutting machines will tell you the proper 'sandwich' for achieving this look, rather than using it as a traditional die cut. I set to work stamping all the floral elements from Flashy Florals using my MISTI, then die cut them with the coordinating dies. Neon dye inks from Hero Arts were sooooo perfect for the flowers. Don't they just pop right off the card against the black base?! Love it. There's lots of dimension there as some are adhered using foam tape. The sentiment was die cut using Doubly Amazing with silver sparkle cardstock. The other part is from Amazing and was stamped, then clear embossed. Silver sequins here and there finish it off. 


Here's a closer look at that embossed background and the insane sparkle of the sentiment. 

Good luck to all the other entrants! I can't wait to check out your creations. Thanks for stopping in and have a super amazing day. :)  

2 comments:

  1. You've been spotted!

    http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedOct4

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!