Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Create with Vera Yates


It seems like my Create Together posts are what is keeping me blogging this summer! It is so fun though to share these collaborations with you. I really enjoy working with all kinds of talented people in the cardmaking industry. Making friends and crafting with them? Perfect! 

Today I have the wonderful Vera Yates from Ling's Design Studio creating with me. Vera is such a cheerful, happy soul in the cardmaking world and her love for animals in real life shines through to many of her creations. Adorableness aplenty can be found here (an interactive feature!), here (I'm a sucker for a fun shaker card), and one of my recent favourites here (colourful, classy AND cute!).  

We decided to CASE a card from each other and I had a hard time picking which one I was going to do. In the end, I chose this pineapple card and tried to incorporate some of Vera's signature style in my own creation. Soft inking, pastels, great colouring, and animals. :) 


I stamped and masked off the kittens, then did some subtle ink blending around them. I coloured them in with Copic markers and then used my MISTI to help me stamp the sentiment in two ink colours. A strip of patterned paper and some sequins finish it off. Sometimes I feel like I should just have a shortcut on my keyboard with the sentence "some sequins finish it off" programmed into it. I type that a LOT. 

Thanks so much to Vera for playing along with me this week! Please head over to her blog and see what she created based off one of my creations. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...SUPER cute, Marcie!! Awesome CASEing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!