Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Create Together with Leigh Penner


I'm back with another weekly dose of fun Create Together collaborations!
The wonderfully creative Leigh Penner from To The Full is returning this week, and this time SHE chose the inspiration, and is it gorgeous. 

SO pretty! I immediately thought of the Mighty Oak die cut from Papertrey Ink.  

The card base was stamped with the Typewriter Text 6x6 background from My Favorite Things in Vintage Photo ink that had been stamped off for a faded look.  The hill was die cut with Stitched Snow Drifts with a sentiment from Uplifting Thoughts stamped in black.  After die-cutting and inking the tree branch up with Antique Linen Distress Ink I stamped over top of it with the Typewriter Text stamp. The leaves were left white with a little black inking around the edges. Clear sequins were a great finishing touch. 

A sympathy-type sentiment for this card would have worked too, but I changed my mind at the last minute and wanted something more uplifting. I'm going to make another one that is a sympathy card for my stash. 

Thanks for stopping in today and thank you SO MUCH to Leigh for joining me for two Create Together segments. I love the getting the chance to know other cardmakers! 
Have a great day! 

6 comments:

  1. wonderful card Marcie - love seeing how you both used the PTI tree so differently

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Marcie! Especially how you stamped the text in the background and on the trunk! I love how you were inspired by the photo and the sentiment you chose is perfect! Thanks again for inviting me to create together with you -- it's been super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the inspiration! Fabulous colour choices and that subtle text background stamping is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your card as well as the theme! I've for sure been inspired today! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed finding your blog through this collaboration with Leigh! Your card today is wonderful...I have a typed alphabet BG stamp I could put to use for something like this, so I should get working on an idea, too. I like the white leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this! Love the text on the tree trunk, great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!