Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Create Together with Leigh Penner


Welcome back for another fun edition of Create Together! Today my guest is the talented Leigh Penner from To The Full. Leigh is a fellow Canadian cardmaker that is very active in the cardmaking world; from company design teams to challenge teams, she is a busy lady! Her style ranges from fun and floral like this card here, to masculine and graphic like these cards here. No matter what Leigh is creating, it will surely catch your eye!

We used a fun and funky cactus-inspired iPhone background from Design Sponge for our starting point and limited ourselves to one layer in our creations. 


My card didn't quite end up how I envisioned it but the finished result is still fun. A die cut sentiment makes it not reeeeallly one layer but I *think* I'll give myself a break on that one. It's all for fun, right? :) I used Waffle Flower Craft's Succulents set and stamped and masked my flowers repeatedly using Antique Linen Distress Ink. One at a time, I painted them in using Distress markers. This took FOR-EV-ER as I was super nervous about screwing it all up and getting a muddy mess. :) Once it was all dry, I added my sentiment from the Celebrate word die and the Congrats stamp set. 

Now it's time to head on over to Leigh's blog and see what she came up with if you haven't already been there yet. I can't wait to see what she created! The fun news is that Leigh will be back in a few weeks for another Create Together and she's going to choose the inspiration this time. Yay! 

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your card is fabulous, Marcie! I love it! Wonderful masking and no line colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation is so fun....I love all the colour!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!