Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Create Together with Jake and Robin


My Create Together guests today are just about as cute as they come. My smart, funny kiddos Jake (age 9) and Robin (age 7) are joining me today in making some summery cards. Here's a picture of us together that my husband took on Canada Day.


For our cards we used the Campout stamp set by Sweet Stamp Shop


Jake kept it simple with his stamping by adding his images to a piece of kraft cardstock and colouring it in with Copic markers. He used a stitched rectangle to cut it out and adhered it to a dark green card base. 



Robin created a colourful one-layer card by stamping right on the card base and colouring it all in with Copic markers. She highlighted her sentiment by adding some fun marker detail around it.  

For my creation I started with a kraft card base and added white cardstock lightly inked with blue dye ink. Next came the clouds, hillside and sun all with fun stitched details. The sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I stamped, coloured and cut out the trailer and adhered it with foam tape to card. A few sequins finish it off. 

Today's card is perfectly timed for the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to CREATE A SCENE

Thanks for stopping in today! I hope that you enjoyed our creations. My kids are old enough that it's not a real pain to create with them anymore; they remember to put the lid back on the ink pads! :) It will be a fun summer of cardmaking together. 

4 comments:

  1. All such cute designs. I see talent runs in the family! Love that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love the cards, creating with the kids is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fabulous guests who made fantastic cards! These are all so fun! My daughter used to stamp with me..... but hasn't in a while. She said she'd participate in PTI's SAF this weekend though, so I'm looking forward to that....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!