Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Create Together with Rebecca Ednie


I'm back today with another Create Together collaboration with the fabulous Rebecca Ednie from Eclectic Endeavours. Rebecca is an Ontario based cardmaker like I am and I "met" her through this series! That's exactly what I had hoped for, to connect with and make more crafty friends. :) I loved searching through her blog and getting to know her style. This recent card of her is AMAZING. That's her own painting!! Clearly I'm drawn to her watercolouring because this card caught my eye too. Altered objects and home decor are right up her alley too- this canvas is so fun! 

Monday was the first day of summer and Rebecca thought a summer and/or beach theme would be perfectly timed to create with this week. I can't wait to see what she came up with! 

For my creation I used Distress Inks to create a blended beachy background, and spray mists to get the grainy look. The sentiment and stamps with coordinating dies are from the Ocean Dreams set by Simon Says Stamp. The little anchor was embossed fully in Antique Gold and has a little bit of twine tied around it. Sunny Skies Die-Namics blended with Lemon Chiffon dye ink behind created the sunshine. :) 


Here's a close up that shows the gold anchor.

I'm usually not that adventurous in my cardmaking, so I love that I went outside my comfort zone with this card. It might not seem complicated to YOU but I thought hard about how I was going to execute my idea. The end result is what I hoped for. :)

Thanks so much to Rebecca from Eclectic Endeavours for joining me today! Her idea for a summer theme was perfect. Head on over to her blog and see what she came up with. 
Have a great day! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your card! I'm glad you tried something new. It sure paid off! And Thank you so much for the lovely things you've said about me and my recent projects! His was so fun and I hope we get to 'hang out' together another time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!