Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Canada Day Create Together


It's the last day of school for us here in Ontario and it can't come soon enough because Friday is Canada Day, our national holiday, and our family is ready to kick back and celebrate! 

I'm joining forces with Bonnie Sharp today and we're creating with Canadian patriotism in mind for the latest Create Together installement. 


The Canadian flag was my inspiration today. The stark red and white colour combo of our flag is pretty but makes it hard to create with, so I added some soft ink blending to the card base first with an aqua dye ink. I stamped the Star Celebration background in Lobster ink (my favourite red ink I've found so far!) over top. Falling Leaves Die-namics had the perfect maple leaf for my corner accent, while Finley's ABCs worked wonderfully for my sentiment. 


Thanks to Bonnie for joining me today. I'm headed on over to her blog to check out what she came up with and I hope you will too! 

2 comments:

  1. Love!! I'm looking for a great red....this sounds like the one....and that background is cool! Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day! We're heading there tomorrow! (NS and PEI)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!