Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sunshine in my heart

I have a clean and simple card today that plays along with the Card Concept challenge this week. 

Does anyone else start singing that beautiful little "You are My Sunshine" song to themselves when they see that inspiration photo? I bet I'm not the only one. :) 

One layer cards are my favourite kind to mail out to friends, and I work hard to make sure they have the right amount of CAS (clean and simple) but don't underwhelm at the same time. 

For this creation I started by blending Lemon Chiffon and Sunkist inks right on the card base. I heat embossed the sunrise from Sunbeams (my favourite set by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!) in gold. The sentiment is stamped right underneath and I thought it worked perfectly with both the inspiration and the golden sun. :) 

Thanks for stopping in today! Enjoy your Wednesday! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the background with the golden sunrays and that wonderful sentiment :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!