Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Stencil it!

I had an absolutely peaceful and relaxing Mother's Day this past weekend and took the time to make a few cards. It was exactly what I wanted to do on my special day. :)


It had been awhile since I had played with my stencils, so I pulled out a pretty floral one from My Favorite Things (Spring Flowers, now retired) and blended white pigment ink through it on a kraft panel. Once the pigment ink had dried, I sponged dye inks through it over top in an ombre fashion. A white stitched scalloped circle die cut adds a pop of brightness along with the stamped sentiment. Everything was glued to a black card base with some glitter along the edge. 

I'm playing along in this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to use stencils. Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping in. 

Supplies:
White, black, kraft cardstock; Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise inks- Papertrey Ink
Stitched mini scallop circle die; Spring Flowers stencil- My Favorite Things
Sending Big Hugs stamp set; Teeny Bikini, Lemon Chiffon inks- Simon Says Stamp

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ombre background using the stencil, Marcia! Love that you use kraft base. So Pretty. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stencil It challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stenciling on kraft, looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! What a fun technique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!