Saturday, May 21, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things #16

Happy Saturday! It's a holiday weekend here in Ontario with Monday being Victoria Day. That means fun in the sun for three whole days and hopefully some long-awaited gardening! 

I oooooo-ed and ahhhhh-ed over this inspiration picture for Inspired by All the Little Things #16. The colours and the appearance of texture really stood out to me. 


To bring in the colours and the texture, I began by dragging Maliblue and Island Blue inks across the card front. This gave me the streaky linear look I was hoping for...and it only took me three tries! :) Originally I had the black cardstock strip and the silver sentiment against the background on their own, but it was just too plain. The Lacy Flower die cut from white cardstock was the perfect piece to set off the sentiment. A few silver sequins finish it off. 

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's fabulous creations and play along yourself! I can't wait to see what you create. Have a fabulous weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Marcie! I love the texture of the background! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely amazing background, Marcie!! Enjoy the long weekend - I'm gardening, too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card Marcie! I need to give this background a try too. So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty. Like how you inked th background with ink pads! Never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background, super cool! I just finished planting my planters, have fun gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The texture on the background looks really awesome! A stylish card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your design elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw this inspiration photo, it totally reminded me of India! I LOVE the white decorative element in the card, because it feels so beautiful and so Asian as well. I think you have really captured the spirit of the photo with your beautiful card!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blue textured inking! Love seeing that WF die too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!