Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Create Together with Shona Chambers


Today I am collaborating with the lovely Shona Chambers from Twine Around.  Shona and I are on the Waffle Flower challenge team together and I absolutely love her CAS style. She makes great use of white space and can turn a simple design into a stunning masterpiece! 
Gold and rainbow inlaid flowers? Gasp. Elegantly embossed flowers? So beautiful! A fun use of white space that isn't white at all? Love it. These are just a few of my favourites of Shona's. 

Today we have a fun inspiration photo to work with for our creations. Yum! I looooove that rainbow row of cereal. We are Fruit Loop lovers around here. No shame in that.


I heat embossed multiple butterflies in a rainbow of colours from Paper Smooches Luminous Spring set. I snipped apart the sentiment from Delightful Greetings, rearranged it a little, and heat embossed it in a sparkly silver. Sequins in coordinating colours are scattered along with the butterflies. Because sequins. And butterflies. They just GO together! 

Thanks so much for stopping in today!! Please head on over to Shona's blog to see what colourful creation she came up with today. I'm so glad Shona could create with me today; cardmaking with friends is way more fun. :) I'm also playing along with the Paper Smooches May challenge which has a fabulous rainbow-y inspiration photo.  





3 comments:

  1. Super fun! Love your card and the inspiration! Yay for shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Marcie, that rainbow of butterflies is such a cool idea and great that you can fit it into the Paper Smooches Challenge as well!! This was so much fun and nice to design a card without the pressure of it being for a challenge etc. Would love to do this again, thanks so much for inviting me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun inspiration of the rainbow cereal! Now I'm hungry! LOL! LOVE your rainbow butterflies--- those colors pop on the black! FAB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!