Thursday, May 26, 2016

Create Together with Julia Stainton


Julia Stainton and I are collaborating this week with the dreamiest of inspiration photos. Seriously...sooooo pretty. As soon as Julia sent me the photo, this stamp set by Unity Stamp Co. came to mind. 


Soft and dreamy is what came to mind, along with texture and some sort of ribbon/twine treatment. I find what immediately comes to mind when I see an inspiration picture is what I usually end up creating with. Even if I come up with more ideas after, it seems to be the initial thoughts that I come back to. 

After embossing the Dream Capture image in Rose Gold, I created a watercolour background over top in multiple colours. It gave me the exact kind of background I has hoping for...LOVE when that happens! Roughed up edges, wood veneer stars and a pretty sentiment make it all stand out beautifully against a subtle patterned paper background. A simple piece of twine tied in a bow finishes it off. 

Head on over to Julia's blog Belle Papier to see the gorgeousness she came up with using that lovely inspiration picture. It is always so much fun for me when I get to collaborate with other cardmaking friends. Thanks so much Julia for creating with me this week! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marci, I'm a friend of your moms and I also live in Ontario, 1 hour north east or Toronto. I love your challenge and I'd love to play along sometime if you'll have me! Your cards are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The delicate green wash is lovely in your card for IB. and your Dream Cather BG is even lovelier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!