Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Create Together- May the Fourth be with you!


May the Fourth be with you! Picture courtesy of my 7 year old daughter. :) 
I confess, I was never much of a Star Wars fan until my son became old enough to enjoy them. Now I will happily watch alongside him and my daughter and am really excited about all the new movies being made.

My friends today are cardmaking with me on a fun Create Together collaboration featuring Star Wars and/or all things outer space! Jessica Frost-Ballas from All That Sparkle and Miriam Prantner from Sooner rather than Later have joined me so please go check out their fabulous creations. Today I'm using the fabulous A Long Time Ago set by Neat & Tangled and I love these cards Jessica and Miriam have made in the past using the same set. *cough cough* Miriam DESIGNED this set. Oh yes she did. :)


After creating a panel by blending Distress Inks together, I flicked on some water and white spray mist, then die cut it using the Memory Box Starry Night background. Adhered behind it is sparkly silver paper, and it's popped up with foam tape on a white card base. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on black cardstock, trimmed and adhered using foam tape. 

Thank you so much to Jessica and Miriam for joining me today! I love their styles. Cardmaking is more fun with friends, right? :) May the Fourth be with you! 

10 comments:

  1. This is just awesome and I am not a big Star Wars fan. Love the galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed cardmaking is more fun with others and especially if you are sharing your wonderfull card tooo, thank you. I like this one very much toooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card. I love the sentiment, and your background is outstanding, I so wish I could make backgrounds like that. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Such fun, great play on words. "The fourth" is my 46th anniversary so we are going through the second generation of Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love this! Great job. I have quite a few nephews (and BIL) who LOVE Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your galaxy looks fantastic! I love the sparkly stars showing through! Thanks so much for putting this together, it was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super fun! I grew up watching Star Wars...Star Trek etc because I had 2 older brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great too Marcie. I love this set and those stars are fabulous! A great background and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!