Monday, March 14, 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge- Watercolor

Welcome to another day of inspiration for the March Waffle Flower Crafts challenge. This month we are featuring watercoloring as our technique. Over at the main blog you can see all the fun ways the design team used watercoloring on their creations! Our guest this week is Kamila Routsis



I was excited for this challenge even though I struggle with watercolouring. From basic watercolour washes to detailed paintings, it's all about what you enjoy doing. I kept it simple for this creation, layering watercolours over top of heat embossed images. 

I stamped the closed leaf from Leafy in Versamark ink around the edges of my cardstock panel, then sprinkled on gold embossing powder and heat set it. Then I went back in with the open leaf and used Liquid Platinum powder. I love this mixed metal look! Over the embossed leaves I lightly watercoloured using Distress Inks. Once dry, I embossed my sentiment from Magical in Liquid Platinum, and adhered the sparkly Awesome sentiment. The entire panel is adhered to a yellow card base. 

Such a springy, fresh look isn't it? I can't wait for spring!! You have until March 25th to link up your watercolour creations using Waffle Flower products over at the main challenge. You don't NEED to use them to play, but you have a chance to win a prize if you do! There's a fabulous sketch and springtime inspiration to check out as well. 

Have a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, what a gorgeous frame you stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much!! Water colouring with gold is one of my favourites but I always colour an image that has an embossed outline. I never thought to emboss a more solid image and the frame you created is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!