Thursday, March 3, 2016

Touchy Feely Flamingo

This is not a card. WHAT?! 

I stretched my creativity today with a wood veneer hoop from the Crate Paper Craft Market collection. Normally I stick to cards but wanted to try something different! I've been hoarding this hoop for awhile and decided that the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge featuring texture was a good way to use it. Texture or...touchy feely as they put it, which I think is waaaay better sounding. :) 


I used all sorts of bright and fun product from My Favorite Things to put together my hoop. Texture comes into play with the stitching details and the circle die cut with gold glitter paper. The leaves were watercoloured with Zig markers and peeled up and bent a little before adhering. The hoop itself is made of wood and provides ample texture on its own. Polka dotted paper makes a fun background, doesn't it? A perfect sentiment and fantastic flamingo finishes it off. 

Is it weird that I made this for myself and am basically calling myself awesome? No? Ok, good. 

Have a great day and remember- be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons. 

6 comments:

  1. Love it! You need an entire wall full of awesomeness like this to give you a boost whenever your mojo takes a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! I love the scene you created in the hoop and the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Marcie! sweet circle hoop, such vibrant colors...luv this! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been spotted!

    http://bit.ly/MFTSpottedMar8

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!