Friday, March 18, 2016

Rainbow Hello

Rainbows are in my thoughts lately as springtime approaches. They always seem like a sure sign that sunny weather is near.  Nothing beats seeing a rainbow after a thunderstorm. 


I snapped this picture after a rain shower a few years ago in the backyard of our first home. 


I'm playing along in the Curtain Call- Rainbow challenge this week and was drawn to the vases filled with coloured water. It inspired me to create a watercolour rainbow. Distress Markers helped me get the look I was going for on a piece of watercolour cardstock, and once dry I cut it with a pierced circle die. The 'hello' sentiment from Simon Says Stamp was die cut from black cardstock and covered in Glossy Accents before adhering. 


Thanks for stopping in today and have a great day! 


2 comments:

  1. Great card Marcie. I love the idea of the glossy accents on the black hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!