Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Create Together!


I have the spring-iest of springtime inspirations to share with you today for another fun Create Together collaboration! The sweet Julia Stainton from Belle Papier (and another fellow Ontarian!) is creating with me this week and we have the loveliest inspiration picture to work with. BUT FIRST- 

That's Julia on the left, me in the middle, and our fabulous friend Sarah on the right. I was lucky enough to meet Julia in person and hope to get to do it again soon! Her style is utterly fabulous. Classy, elegant, layered gorgeousness! Here are a few of my favourite recent cards of Julia's...subtle florals here, textured loveliness here and that's not even touching on all the tutorials and fabulous articles. 

Now the inspiration! 


And my card... 


The wedding theme and pastel colours were my cues for this card. After die-cutting the flowers and leaves out of white cardstock, I stamped on them with various inks using the coordinating Mini Modern Blooms from My Favorite Things. I layered them over top of a frame then adhered a sparkly silver, die-cut 'congratulations' sentiment from Simon Says Stamp. Set against white woodgrain cardstock with a few sequins here and there, this card really is quite pretty! 

Thank you to Julia for creating with me this week! Head on over to her blog to see her gorgeous creation using the same inspiration as me. You'll be amazed. :) 


3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Marcie! I LOVE all the texture! Gorgeous colors and stamping and detail!

    I'd forgotten about that picture! Let's do lunch again soon and I'd LOVE to do another Create Together with you! Just let me know! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! My jaw dropped when I saw it - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors and the gorgeous bouquet of blooms you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!