Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Create Together!


How many of you ever get the chance to make cards with other crafters in your area? It's few and far between for me which is why I am loving this "Create Together" series. Even though I can't craft in person with my friends, we can connect virtually and work on fun creations together. Challenging each other to try new techniques, work with inspiration pictures, being able to scroll through their blogs and see all the fabulous cards they've made lately...I'm loving it. 

I had a hard job challenging the amazing Tenia Nelson from Jazzy Paper Designs this week. She has the ability to design fun and cute, elegant, and bold and geometric cards all without losing her signature style. Her fun style encompasses so many mediums and she is a challenge PRO so I felt like any challenge wouldn't be much of a challenge at all for her. :) 

No stamping, NO patterned paper, think SPRING was what we created from this week. 


I am a stamper at heart so this challenge stumped me for awhile. Instead of stamping I thought patterned paper would fill the void...oh wait. Can't use that either. :/ lol
To get a spring-time vibe I used pastel coloured watercolour pencils on watercolour paper to create a soft background, then die cut it with my favourite set of stitched rectangle dies. Then I created a fun shaker panel filled with sequins and other sparkly bits. Shake it baby! A die cut sentiment from Memory Box stretched across the entire shaker panel finishes it off! I'm slowly restocking my birthday card stash. 

I can't wait to see what Tenia has come up with! Don't forget to pop over to Jazzy Paper Designs to see her creation. I LOVED getting to create with her this week. 


2 comments:

  1. Marcie this is beautiful! I love shakers, but I seem to have such difficulty making them. Both you and Tenia did a great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!